Welcome to the Iowa Tennis Coaches Association!
Welcome to the Iowa Tennis Coaches Association website. The ITCA aims:
- To promote tennis, particularly in all schools across the state of Iowa, not only as an interscholastic sport, but as a life-long sport.
- To provide a discussion forum for tennis coaches, athletic directors and athletes for the exchange of ideas and proposed changes to improve Iowa's version of interscholastic tennis.
- To outline the steps necessary, through proper channels, to implement a change in policy of the IGHSAU and/or the IHSAA.
- To give the procedure necessary to nominate athletes for special recognition primarily, but not limited to, Academic All-State.
- To inform the membership of clinics, meetings, and links available throughout the year for information useful in the development of tennis coaches and their programs.
- To provide coaches and athletic directors options for purchase of tennis related supplies, equipment and apparel at discount prices.
Boy's Tennis 2019-20
Girl's Tennis 2019-20
Larry Berland has coached the Decorah High School Girl's Tennis Team for 41 years. He is a past member of the State Tennis Advisory Committee. He feels that a state tennis coaches association would help promote and raise the profile of the sport throughout Iowa. In particular, he feels that it is past due that high school tennis players receive academic all-state recognition. He also feels coaches should receive recognition for their outstanding efforts on the courts.I have been negligent in getting this site up and running and I apologize to the young athletes and coaches that should have received credit for their accomplishments for the past 5 years and have not. That will change starting now.